Dead reckoning determination without the aid of celestial navigation of the position of a ship or aircraft from the record of the courses sailed or flown the distance made which can be estimated from velocity the known starting point and the known or estimated drift. 1 the determination without the aid of celestial observations of the position of a ship or aircraft from the record of the courses sailed or flown the distance made and the known or estimated drift. Dead reckoning n 1 a method of estimating the position of a vehicle such as an aircraft or a ship based on its previous position and its course and speed over a known interval of time 2 predictive calculation based on inference guesswork possibly alteration of ded abbr of deduced from deduce to trace from the beginning see deduce dead
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.